Incorporated as an independent Muslim public service agency, Muslim Public Affairs Centre (MPAC) seeks to work with the community in pursuing the following aims and objectives:
- To act as a public service agency working for the rights of all Muslims, for the integration of Islam into Nigerian pluralism, and for a positive relationship between Nigerian Muslims and other elements in the society. Thus establishing the Nigerian Muslim identity as a positive and constructive element of Nigerian pluralism.
- To be a non-partisan body to build the Nigerian Muslim constituency and make this body an influential component in the Nigerian politics, at all levels of policy-making arena and making Islamic ethical values available to the Nigerian political process.
- To raise awareness of and combat Islamophobia through constructive, proactive and educational means thus projecting a more balanced image of Islam.
- To provide a reliable source of receiving accounts and reports on local and international events and crises involving Muslims locally and internationally, and to work with the victims of such crises for the purpose of seeking, obtaining and giving aids and support in terms of their immediate basic needs.
- To provide a medium whereby members of the Nigerian Muslim community are educated and encouraged to learn and implement the practical Islamic culture of Service to Allah, Service to the Community and Service to Self.
- To organize seminars, workshops, conferences and trainings aimed at educating the public and private sectors, the government and the general public on Islam and Muslim public affairs.
""And when they are told, Do not spread corruption on earth," they answer, "We are but improving things. Oh, Verily, it is they, they who are spreading corruption---but they perceive it not. And when they are told, "Believe as other people believe," they answer, "Shall we believe as the weak-minded believe?" Oh, Verily, it is they, they who are weak-minded--but they know it not.........God will requite them for their mockery, and will leave them for a while in their overweening arrogance, blindly stumbling to and fro: for it is they who have taken error in exchange for guidance." (Qur'an 2: 11 -13; 15 - 16)